Wednesday, December 5, 2012

sweets and celebration...

The past weekend was all about celebrating.  I spent sunday afternoon with a group of girlfriends at my sister(in law)'s cute, cute, cute little beach house.  She put together a perfect, cozy holiday gathering.  We spent the afternoon making homemade gift tags, eating homemade treats and just enjoying good company.

She put together so many fun details, but the best part had to be the take-home goodies!  Head on over to paper{whites}blog to check all of the adorable details.

My contribution to the cookie exchange was a family favorite; Chocolate Mint Sticks.  These are really a layered brownie, but we've always sliced them into thin sticks since they're so rich.


My mom has been making this recipe for as long as I can remember and now my sister and I can't go a year without them. They are so deliciously rich and minty.  Everyone raves about them.

Here is the recipe that I shared with the group.  I found this adorable recipe card by paper stories over at the sweetest occasion.  They have a bunch of great printable recipe cards. I simply added my text in picasa and it was ready to be shared with my girlfriends!


Here are the little treat boxes that I gave to each of the girls.



Don't let the holidays go by without making these.  Yum!

Oh, and if you're pressed for time you can use a brownie mix for the bottom layer (I won't tell).




2 comments:

  1. Whitney,
    This looks delicious and using a brownie mix for the bottom layer seals the deal for me during this busy season. Thanks!
    Karen at Garden, Home and Party

    ReplyDelete